Sunday, August 2, 2015

Frozen Blueberry Pancakes

My son loves pancakes for breakfast. Unfortunately I am not home most mornings to be able to prepare pancakes for him.  These easy, frozen pancakes are a great way for him to have a breakfast he enjoys even when I'm not there to make it.

I start out with fresh picked blue berries when I have them available.  There is a great berry farm near my home that has U-Pick blueberries.  My kids and I love to pick, and these pancakes are just one of the ways we use our bounty.


 -  Start out by washing the berries
- Lay out on paper towels to dry
- Follow the directions on your favorite pancake mix

I like to use a simple add water only pancake mix.  You can use a more complicated mix if you like.  Or if you feel really ambitious, make the pancakes from scratch.

- Once the pancake mix is ready, add as many blue berries as you like
- Mix well but be careful not to crush the berries


- Make your pancakes following the directions on your mix


-  Lay the pancakes out on a flat surface covered in wax paper until cool
- Cover a large cookie sheet with a layer of wax paper
-Once pancakes are completely cool, place on pan on wax paper

You can add another sheet of wax paper on top of the pancakes and add a second layer, but don't stack more than two layers high.

- Place cookie sheet in freezer and leave for 4 hours
- Remove from cookie sheet and place in freezer safe, labeled and dated, gallon bag

When you are ready to eat just remove from freezer bag, place on plate, and microwave for about 45 seconds.  I usually do 25-30 seconds then flip them over and microwave another 15-20 seconds.  This is for 3 pancakes.  Adjust your times for fewer or more pancakes.

- Cover in your favorite toppings and enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment