Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Canned Jalapenos

This is a super easy one because I spent Sunday starting a leaf project with my children.  I just didn't have time to post and gather leaves.

I like to have jalapenos canned and stored for use on sandwiches, nachos, and anything else that suits my fancy.

You will need:  Sanitized jelly jars, rings, lids, canning pan, gloves, cleaned jalapenos, salt, and water.

- (Wearing gloves) Cut the jalapenos into slices


- Place the slices into jars, pushing down to fill max amount
(Don't fill past the rings on the jar to allow for water and air space)


- Add 1/4 teaspoon of salt to each jar
- Add water, leaving a bit of air space at top of jar
- Wipe of rim of jar
- Place lids and rings on jars, finger tightening lids


- Place jars in canning pan
- Boil for 15-20 minutes 
(I like to go 20 minutes to really cook the jalapenos and be sure the jars will seal)
- Remove from water and tighten lids
- Let cool for about 24 hours
- Verify seal on jars
- Store to enjoy later



No comments:

Post a Comment